10J Binding

MaxG

Have bought a 2nd hand TX and the previous owner had cleared all his models from it. So far so good.

I have set up a new model on a previously used memory but the memory will not allow me to bind a new receiver to it.

The menu says go to model select and go to Link and hold button down for 1 second and it beeps when it goes into link mode. The menu shows ----------- but it does not beep or go into link mode.

If I go to a memory that I believe has not been used and do the same thing it says No Link and when I press the button it tells me to turn the Rx on. This is what I expected.

How do I clear the link in previously used memories please.

Maxg

Advert

Page 27 manual
1. Place the transmitter and the receiver
close to each other within 20 inches(half
meter).
2. Turn on the transmitter.
3. Select [MDL-SEL] and access the setup
screen shown below by press the jog key .
4. Use the jog key to select (NO LINK) or the
ID number next to LINK in the [MDL-SEL]
menu.
5. Hold down the jog key to enter the link
mode.
6. A chime from the transmitter notifies the
operator that the transmitter has entered
the link mode.
“Beep beep beep”
(Enters the link mode for 20 seconds)
7. Immediately turn on the receiver power.
The receiver will enter the linking state
(LED blinks red) about 3 seconds after the
receiver power is turned on.
Less than

8. If the receiver ID is displayed in the 
transmitter and the LED changed from red 
blinking to a steady green light, linking is 
complete. (The receiver linking wait state 
ends in about 3 seconds.)
9. Check system operation. If the transmitter 
and receiver are not linked, try linking 
again.

Edited By Denis Watkins on 26/01/2018 17:46:55

Thank you Dennis but that procedure does not work.

In step 3 the link line is -------- and not an ID number or a No Link message. From there on it does not work.

As I said if I go to an unused memory it does say NO LINK and then works. But I cannot make the transition from ------- to NO LINK which is what I want to do.

If it is not resettable then the 30 model memory will only work with 30 Rxs so if you have an Rx go down you have lost a memory.

I cannot believe that is the case. I do not mind if a full reset wipes everything as I am trying to programme my first model into the Tx

Thank you anyway

Maxg

SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY
• T10J transmitter for airplanes or helicopters
• R3008SB Receiver

The 10J is a 2.4GHz T-FHSS Air system. The transmitter can also be switched to S-FHSS
NOTE:
*The Futaba T-FHSS Air system cannot be used with Futaba S-FHSS/FASST/FASSTest systems. Use
it with a T-FHSS Air system transmitter and receiver. The T10J is a T-FHSS Air systemEXWFDQDOVR
be used with an S-FHSS receiver by switching to S-FHSS+RZHYHULQWKLVFDVHWKHWHOHPHWU\V\VWHP
cannot be used.
*The T-FHSS Air system and T-FHSS surface system are different. The T10J cannot be used with the
R304SB, R304SB-E or T-FHSS surface system receivers.

Thank you again Dennis for your second post. It got me to thinking.

I have now found that the Link information on the used memories is revealed if yuo swap the transmission protocol. For the used memories I needed to swap the protocol to T-FHSS Air to get the link information. Tried a reset on those memories and whilst it deletes the programmed information it does not delete the link info.

If that is the case then I think that I can only use those memories with T-FHSS Air since if I change the protocol the link info disappears and it will not do a link with the S-FHSS protocol that I need to use with the heli I am trying to programme.

I guess now that those two memories are lost to me until I wish to programme something with T-FHSS Air protocol but at least I know that the memories are not irretrieveably lost which is what I first feared.

Will go back to trying to programme the heli later. By the way it is a T-Rex 150 which has a built in S-FHSS Rx built into its electronics which is why I need to use this protocol.

Thanks again

Maxg

Hi Max G.

Not sure why or how you are getting mixed up. You say your trying to bind to a futaa S fhss rx. . thats ok.

!.)Turn on your tx 2.) push + button = MDL - SELECT.3,) Push jog button. 4.) move jog button down to rx. 5.) push +or - button to change protocol to S-FHSS, The sure will be flashing at you.6.) hold jog button down to confirm.

Now to your rx on the T- REX

!.) turn on Tx and RX. 2,) have to two items close to each other. 3.) push and hold button down on the rx until the red light turns green.