Micro servo control rods

Hi, I'm hoping somebody knows where small dia control rods and fixings can be bought from (say 1.1mm dia rod or thereabouts). 2mm threaded rods and fittings I have and are available at many model outlets but the sort of sizes that come with small planes fitted with 9g servos I cant seem to be able to find.

Advert

I would endorse the use of paper clips, particularly for small electric!

I actually go a bit further in that as paper clips are so cheap and easy to do I just keep making them until I have one that is exactly the right size.

A "Z" bend only on the servo arm and a simple right angle at the control horn retained by a piece of wire insulation.

Once I am happy with the set up the insulation retainer is 'fixed' with a tiny dab of super glue.

Ail rod

Very light but rigid and lasts as long as the plane.

I have tried to count the number of these 'paper clip' links I have in current use. It is well over 50!

Edited By Simon Chaddock on 09/02/2018 18:57:12

just a couple of photos ,

on your hunt for thin push rods , dont forget those little helis have them !! (one showed in the photo )

3 sizes of paper clip , the big one is Sainsbury, and the metal chunk is a piece of steel , roughly the same thickness as a horn ,its got a hacksaw slot the same width as the wire diameter , drop the wire in squeeze with pliers and you have the perfect Z bend ! If you need long rods just put the wire ends on carbon rods bind and cyno pushrods 01.jpgpushrod02.jpg