35mhz 12z tx and R5114dps rx freq changing

alex nicol

Advert

Alex, it's a few years since I helped a clubmate match a couple of Rx's to his 12z. IIRC the Tx has 3 types of modulation available - 2 PCM & 1 PPM, he hadn't selected the correct modulation & was having the same problem you're having.
You should be able to confirm if this is the problem from Denis's link.

Edited By PatMc on 19/02/2018 20:01:24

Gents, thanks I've got the tx manual and I'm on pcmg3 mode. I'm in the process of going back to basics. receiver number has been entered freq 35mhz, band 76 and mode pcmg3. Tx battery is on charge and new 4.8v 2500mah flight pack is being charged too. once it's all charged up I'll try again. one question is there a master tx reset anywhere

Success !!!! , batteries all charged and good, fully extend receiver aerial and lay it across the tx aerial. when you hit the freq change/are you sure? the tx makes a few tring noises. on the 3rd tring switch Rx on and watch the red led, it should have a constant heartbeat flash. once tx stops select end and switch txt to transmit, and it's all good to go. couple of things I don't understand only works if I switch Rx on during third tring. if you only get a single flash from receiver led then it's not going to change. I accept I've fluked a solution but it works.