Advert

I have a problem with HK at the moment. I did a decent sized order, and parts came from UK, Europe, and the Far East. I have two of the packages, but one didn't turn up, and the tracking details are missing online. I needed to speak to Royal Mail about it first to check they weren't holding on to one I didn't get a card for, but I will be in touch tomorrow, and see how I get on.

Posted by TJ Alexander on 16/04/2018 23:13:54:

I have a problem with HK at the moment. I did a decent sized order, and parts came from UK, Europe, and the Far East. I have two of the packages, but one didn't turn up, and the tracking details are missing online. I needed to speak to Royal Mail about it first to check they weren't holding on to one I didn't get a card for, but I will be in touch tomorrow, and see how I get on.

Have done this a few times TJ, with multiple order from HK from 3 warehouses, and one can take a couple of weeks.

The orders have always been completed.

Placed a single order on the 12th (six days ago) with the bits coming from all three warehouses in the checkout. UK bits arrived in two days, Hong Kong bits arrived today (new radio, receiver and vario, to the door, no customs charge) and EU bits at the post office to be collected.

A DLGing we'll go, a DLGing we'll go, hi ho dehideho a DLGing we'll go

I've always had good service from HK and on chat. My beef is I bought some props an the giveaway almost sale price of one penny a pair. I bought 2 pairs and ended up paying HMRC and postage to the tune of £13.10. Trying to get it back is impossible. Customs just chase me about. Half of them crack on they don't understand what I'm asking and the rest don't seem to want to know.One guy even said we don't give refunds. I've run out of options I think so will have to give up. Unless any of you guys can advise. >A right rip off.    Time from Bang Good etc can be 6/7 weeks BTW. John

Edited By onetenor on 19/04/2018 01:40:59

Seems most of the problems are really with the transit from HK to UK and the possibility of customs intervention and the lack of tracking of that route.

Stick to EU or UK warehouse and the times are short and you are tracked and customs isn't a possibility, even if postage and/or item cost is sometimes higher.

Another point, from UK warehouse, for small stuff and small orders only - sometimes two small/light items can fit into two separate 1st class post packets (£1 a piece) if you make two orders, but in one order it weighs enough to go up to the flat rate £5 "medium size " post charge.

I found that quite by accident (honest guv) ordering an Orange RX and a few Deans (well, copies of Deans) plugs - two orders, each £1 post, all together would have been £5.