Multiplex Extra 330S vs. 300S

Charles Pic

hi all I'm pretty confused by the multiplex extras which seem to be similar size and around the same price what's the difference and which is better for flying traditional aeros (not 3D)? I'll try to include links. Extra 330S: https://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/aircraft/multiplex-rr-extra-330-sc-orange Extra 300S:

https://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/multiplex-extra-300-s-rr I think the 330S is 3S and the 300S is 4S but I would be very interested to understand how the flying charactistics compare thank you all

Advert

Here's a quote from the US importer, cut and pasted from another forum:

"The Extra 300S and the Extra 330SC are two totally different airplanes entirely, the new 330SC was designed and built completely from the ground up by a different team that worked directly with Gernot Bruckmann to ensure that the quality, fit, finish, and flight envelope of the airplane were nothing but outstanding in every way. An airplane simply doesn't bear Gernot Bruckmann's name on it unless it meets all of these criteria. If you compare the two models side by side it's very apparent the 330SC is the better of the two.

This is not to say that the Extra 300S is not a good airplane, because it is and it flies very well. It's just that the Extra 330SC is in a completely different class, it's like trying to compare a Lexus with a Ferrari. Both are excellent in their own regards, but there really isn't a comparison between the two."

One notable difference is that the fuselage of the more expensive model has the internal wooden framework.

I think the original price of the 330SC RR was much higher than the £245 I'm seeing now. There's also talk in the other forum that the 300 is discontinued?

Regards, Neil.

Thank you both for your information. So from what I can gather the 330S is a lighter model with larger control surfaces. Perhaps then the 300S will tolerate a little wind better and could perhaps be more of an all weather flyer? I'm tending towards the 300S despite the enthusiastic recommendation of the 330S in the snippet Neil kindly provided, as call me cynical but I'm always wary of superlatives written by the model trade when they are trying to market something new and wish to convince us it's the best thing since cheese and honey.

Nevertheless I would be very interested in specific info on the characteristics of each plane, it's only "this is really great because it's got someone's name attached to it via a marketing deal for which they were paid" type comments which I don't attach so much significance to.

Sorry I probably sound like a right old grump but just telling it how it is. And I certainly do appreciate your effort in helping out with the post above Neil.