Specsavers.

Advert

Hi FN, don't worry, I've had to use the Opthalmology Dept. at Worcester - smashing people. Have to say the same about the Eye Dept. at Kidderminster too - and then there's Eye Centre at Dudley Road (B'ham) who are in a class of their own! If it wasn't for the care of all these lovely folks, by now I would only have one functional eye. By the way if you haven't been to Worcester before, give yourself half an hour ( at least ) to find a parking spot and then navigate your way to your appointment. Oh, and good luck.

Thanks for heads up OG re the parking, daughter is taking me with wife in tow to hold my donny. Agree with what you say about Kiddy, have taken my brother a couple of times for treatment, excellent service. Off topic for OG, had supper last week in Merchants restaurant, pensioners special, lovely it was.smiley

Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 03/05/2018 09:24:32:

I've been using Specsavers for around 10 years, since I need glasses in fact, with a visit every two years. Recently I've been experiencing optical migraines, apparently harmless and short lived. During my regular visit, last week, the optician thought they are almost certainly caused that the sight in one eye is now different to the other. Hopefully my new prescription will help reduce the number of episodes.

Me too with optical migraine - had the flashing lights for years, but only fairly recently found out what was causing it. Still get it from time to time, especially when the next eye test is overdue!

So… seeing all the same names regularly posting on this forum, I assume you all spend many hours staring at your screens, which is exactly what did for my eyesight in the first place.

Nobody told me when I started working on computers (back in 1986) that fixed distance focusing for long periods would do that (8 hours/day, 5+ days/week), nor did I get a free eye test and specs from my employers - no-one had invented the term 'DSE User' in those days.

So, my advice to you all is to take a break every 20 minutes or so, even if you just go to the window and stare into the distance for 5 minutes, wishing you were flying while watching it rain!

Too late for me though - Specsavers again next week! As for cheapo 'readers' - I wouldn't go nearer to them than a fully extended 35MHz Tx aerial - who knows what you're looking through with a pair of those on your nose?

All this talk of eyesight problems reminds me of something that happened to one of our club members one Sunday afternoon last year. I know he wont mind at all if I tell this cautionary tale.

There he was happily flying his model around the field at some height, it must be said, when something took his attention away from the model for a moment. When he looked at it again, it was flying away from him and panic set in when he found it wasn't responding to his controls. He then realised that the aircraft he was trying to pilot was, in fact, a real ,similar shaped, aeroplane heading for the nearby Cardiff Wales Airport.

A quick look around revealed that his own model had come to no harm and surprisingly was still flying down the other end of the field. His model made a safe landing, I can't vouch for the other. wink

Went to the Royal today for diagnosis,I have AMD which can be improved with injections, as we are off to Scotland tomorrow for couple weeks managed to squeeze me in for first injection, as people said I was worrying over nothing, need two more at monthly intervals. Staff were absolutely wonderful, a credit to themselves and the NHS, cannot praise them enough.

Thank you all for comforting words and putting my mind at rest, car loaded, madam in bed snoring, M6 here we come.Isle of Bute for a week then mainland for Lomond for another week,safe flying and calm winds guys. yes