Companion2.2 - Taranis X9D anomalies

PatMc

I upgraded my Taranis to 2.2.1 at the weekend, when I came to make some model configuration changes via Companion I came across some issues. It seems that access to the two slider controls are missing in the edit facility. They're also missing from the simulator & the switches are shown out of order to their position on the actual Tx.
I vaguely remember reading somwhere a while back about th e odd switch order but can't recall anything regarding the sliders.
Does anyone have any info on this issue or perhaps know if it's likely to be addressed in the next version of 2.2 ?

Advert

Never noticed that Pat, well spotted. Open a backup or load your models from the transmitter, then click on 'Edit Radio Settings' and select the 'Hardware' tab. Set LS and RS as 'Slider with Detent', save the profile and Bob's your Uncle, you should get your sliders back. I've just done this and those mixes using LS are still there, I didn't think to look before checking and amending the hardware config.

Edit: I just found an older backup and as you say, the sliders are not in the selection lists or simulator even though the mix lines still show LS.  Odd!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 02/05/2018 17:15:06

The missing slider issue is a known issue and is still an open issue to be resolved for version 2.2.2 when it comes out. Mike's answer will solve the problem for you, however.

On the simulator, the switches are now placed alphabetically. This is because OpenTX now supports so many different transmitters and some have their switches in different physical places.

Well that was painless.
Sorted in minutes by following Bob's method. thumbs up

Thanks, Mike, Bob & Andy.

Ironicaly, I only came across the problem because I was looking to make the left slider redundant in some E gliders.
I was experimenting to see how practical it would be to use the throttle stick to control spoilerons when the motor was off.
I've just set it up on my old faithful EasyGlider, hopefully will be able to try it out in the air in the next few days. If all goes well I copy the mixes over to the operate the crow brakes on my Vitesse then standardise across my other E gliders & pure gliders.

Edited By PatMc on 02/05/2018 20:09:56

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 02/05/2018 17:27:42:

Andy, unless you manually configure LS and RS they don't exist in the model options. Once configured they appear between the sticks in the simulator.

I Know. Mike already stated that above.