Model & Hobby World North West......

Advert

Thanks Percy, all is forgiven! Can you post the website link please… I'm sure I won't be the only interested bloke on here.

Morecambe's always a nice run out for me, especially on a summer's day going over the Trough of Bowland - one of the benefits of being based up in t'North yes.

Posted by Percy Verance on 24/05/2018 18:09:07:

I plan to visit asap.

Percy

Looked at the website looks like lots on it and more to come. Googled Albert Street lots of reasonably sized shops lets hope the shop is well stocked.Would be interested in what you discover as it will be a 70 mile round trip for me.

Er - "modellers in Cumbria and North Lancashire had no local model shop" what about Jacksons Models in Wigton? Very much in Cumbria! They stock a modest range of stuff for us Aeromodellers and if asked will order in stuff they don't normally stock. They also give a discount to our club members. I have no connection with them other than as a customer. Link **LINK**

Posted by Percy Verance on 25/05/2018 06:39:05:

Geoff

Do spread the news among those whom you fly with Geoff. We need all the model shops we can find!

Now posted on my club's Facebook page. Load of 'likes' already.

The owner of the shop in Lancaster used to do the club some good sponsorship deals, so no doubt some of our members will be making a trip to go paddling at Morecambe before long.

According to their website, they have been open since August 2000. As I said they don't stock a lot of stuff like kits, but they do stock glues, tools, fuel, Albion Alloys etc. They do more model railway and die cast models. But I guess if more of us used them they would stock more plane stuff.

I found them when I 'Googled' for model shops in Cumbria when we moved here in 2012.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Morcambe today thought I'd have a walk along the prom a bite of lunch and visit Model & Hobby Word on Albert Street.

Found the prom, found lunch, found Albert Street but no Model & Hobby World shop - perhaps its only going to be an inter-web shop.

Has anyone placed an order with this shop?