Twister Coastguard

Biggles1961

Hi,

Newbie Flyer here!.

Need help with a Twister Coastguard. I can't get the damn thing to hover without it slowly turning anti-clockwise. Have adjusted the gyro gain everyway possible (and reset it each time by disconnecting/reconnecting battery). But still have to fly it with full left trim, and a small amount of left stick too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as it's driving me nuts!.

Thanks.

Advert

Thanks Eric,

Have taken all onboard. I now have the model happily chasing my girlfriend around the lounge. This helicopters great fun!!. I'm only using it for co-ordination practice, in lieu of getting my Ultrafly Tutor in the air. (If the weather ever improves over here).

Best Regards.

Chris.

Hi Erfolg and Simon,

I would'nt say i'm a man of means. But I am lucky enough to have a through lounge, leading into an extension at the back, which gives me about 42' x about 12' most of the way (Obviously there's furniture/Fireplaces, and the Girlfriend to get in th way!).

I love this model - I want to fly my fixed wing, but it's been permanently windy here all summer. So I bought the Coastguard off ebay, and .........er..........it's HILARIOUS!!. Have broken a couple of rotor blades, but hey, learn by your mistakes.

Cheers all.

Chris.

Chris

When you have a small lounge you have to cut an inch of ech blade to stop hitting the walls. Seems Eric also lives in a mansion with his 6*6 lounge. I have a nano lounge, I look forword to the day my extention is finished, to give me a 6*4 lounge.

Of  course there are still the ceiling beams to avoid and that is only 6 foot at the highest.

Come the revolution, Gordon will make sure that all those who deserve will get there reward.

A very envious

Erfolg

Morning Erfolg,

I am saddened by your lack of space to fly. But on the positive side, you must be very skillful at flying, to keep your Twister within 6' x 6' parameters!.

I am therefore ENVIOUS of you!!. I bow before your mastery of all things 'Precision Helicopter Pilot'.

I was bored last night, so have ordered a set of Nav Lights for my helo. Fancied a bit of 'bling' for it.

Must go now, as I have to take the girlfriend to hospital (NO did'nt hit here with the heli!!!).

Best Regards.

Chris

hi,i bought the coastguard today my self,had the same prob but managed to tweak it up.I havnt bought one chopper yet that flys straight out of the box.This seems to be a simple one to fly, not really supprising i find that as someone told me to buy a blade 400 as my first machine !!!, two flights of 10 seconds and two rebuilds later it is back in the box doh !.If you fancy a blade of any sort get the cx2.