12 volt starter battery

Advert

Chris,

The cheapest that I've found is from my LMS, think it was about £11. I've got loads of Motorcycle batteries, but unless you keep them charged they soon become useless and replacenments cost about £35 -£40. The best buy for me was an Oxford Optimate which is an inteligent charger, so when the bikes layed up for any length of time it goes on the Optimate which also maitains the alarm / imobiliser. The starter battery gets a charge every month for a couple of days. It saves replacing the batteries to often.

Cheers,

Chris.

Thanks to every one on here for their help,I shall go for either the Kinetic or Sakura,anyone know which is best? I have always used Yuasa in the past but they are about £30.

I shall have to check out Myrons car booster -tyre inflater for £20 sounds a handy tool.

And thanks Chris your charger sounds ideal for my quad bike,battery is always flat even though it is only 2 years old.

Chris

Thanks Eric,I shall have to get me one of those,been thinking about it for a long time,as you say it will maintain the battery power,but not charge it,which seems to be my problem,its losing charge over time.

I can soon top it up with my charger,could do with a bigger one for my caravan,to charge it up,will need some kind of controller to control the output though.

When my divorce comes through i may have to move out into the caravan ,like Myron.

The £19.99 solar panel is sometimes sold by Maplin at £9.99 , I know because I bought one about a year ago. Keeps my flight box topped up in my shed, even in Winter. The same panel is sold by some of the 'novelty' retailers who put free leaflets in magazines at the same price, some searching on the internet might produce results.

Hi Richard,thats interesting you say it keeps your flight box topped up in your shed,so they will work on natural light ,not just direct sunlight.My quad bike is in my shed and i am thinking of putting one in there,but thought it wouldn`t be light enough for it.Also thinking of getting a bigger one for my caravan so would it work inside the plastic front window?i shall have to get one and see from Maplins.