Another one to identify

kevin b

I am helping one of our club members to dispose of some of his models, which he will never fly.

This one could do with identifying. It appears to be kit built and is probably quite old. The nose has been altered (lengthened) to accommodate a large brushless motor and 2 x 3S lipos (6s). It flies very well if a little over powered according to our club chairman, who maidened it last week. Quite a heavy model as well. so it doesn't mind a breeze !

Can anyone help, please ? Wingspan 1230 mm

2 (3).jpg2 (2).jpg2 (1).jpg

Edited By kevin b on 28/06/2018 23:49:09

Advert

I can't find how to upload photographs so i have created an album with the photos in. Bought at wings and wheels as a bare air frame. Thought it was a Hots of some sort but is a trike and has tapered wings. In the process of fitting it out so any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

We extended the cowl to fit the electric motor a short while ago..

It could be a precedent copy (it's heavy enough !) that has a hog type cabane.

The construction is mainly balsa. Here are some more photos

les (2).jpgles (3).jpgles (1).jpg

Posted by trebor on 29/06/2018 18:55:46:

Have you a picture of the fuselage inside ?

Afraid not at the moment and it is a pain to take apart !

The other unusual thing is that it has a treble wire undercarriage. It was obviously built to be heavy. I think originally it was powered by a .60 glow 2 stroke. A lot of engine for a 4 foot wingspan !

It is either going to Spain with one of the other club members, or up for sale to anyone interested.

Thanks kc it could be a variant I suppose. But its span is 65" which is a bit big I would have thought for a 40 size engine. I was going to put an Irvine 53 with a mini pipe and see how it goes. It does have a cowl, not in the pictures, so it may have been a kit of some sort. Any more guesses would be welcome. wink