2.4G Radio Installation.

Hi Guys, I need a bit of advice.

I've tried to shoehorn the two rx units into the airframe and this is the only was it will go. I can't install the Remote rx at 90 degrees to the main as the antennae are too long to go span-wise. Will this be OK? The rx is the one that came with the DSX9

Cheers,

Doug.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/luggins/IMG_0014.jpg

Advert

Doug as I understand it the two receivers are best at 90 degrees to each other but not necessarily at 90 degrees to the fuselage so maybe you could mount one on the diagonal and the other at 90 degrees on the other diagonal if that makes sense. P.S. Glad I fly Futaba

Looking at your picture, I think you could rotate the remote aerial through 90 degrees so the aerials go up and down the fuselage side, overlapping the throttle linkage.

If this is still a bit tight, what's above the radio bay? If it's a cockpit, could you put the remote aerial in here and thread the cable through into the battery bay? Or put a hole through and thread one of the aerials into it, leaving the remainder in the bay at 90 degrees to the present position.

Hi Shaun, your ideas were brilliant! I can move the throttle snake over closer to the centre of the fuselage and turn the remote rx 90 degrees. This would mean making a small hole in the underside of the wing to accommodate one of the aerials as the wiring harness between the two rx devices is too short to mount the remote in the cockpit.. I was thinking of using a short piece of fuel tubing to protect it.

Thanks again,

Doug