Advert

IIRC The Vertigo was designed by Frank Van den Berg who while a very active participant in pylon racing did not design this model as a racer but as a lightweight sports model that would go vertical with the then current .61 two strokes. I believe the Vertigo met those criteria.

A club mate of mine in the 70s built several Vertigos as his had a habit of going vertical in the wrong direction.

Frank Van Den Berg was a well known aerobatic pilot, back in the 60s (in what today would be called F3A). I remember seeing his original Vertigo when he flew it at the Nats in the aerobatics. It was well named! It was the first time I'd seen an aerobatic model capable of *accelerating* vertically upwards! Absolutely awesome! And all on a Merco 61!

--

Pete

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I am building the Vertigo II (plan pullout RCM&E Feb 2019), and would like some advice - what are the recommended control throws for this plane. Would a 40 size engine suffice (I have a OS MAX 40 SF). The plans call for wing fillet - are these recommended.

Thanks!

Somnath

Edited By S V on 06/04/2020 13:48:16

• 5 months later...

Sadly my latest i/c sport plane suffered a serious attack of I've-lost-it a couple of days ago - and in the cold light of day the fuselage rebuild would be more trouble than it's worth - so I'm in need of an everyday workhorse that just flies nicely - looks don't matter. So, S.V. - how did you get on with your Vertigo2 build, and how does it fly? I'm intending putting an Irvine 46 or an S.C. 60 on the front of mine (if I build one). Well, it's that or look for a cheap 2nd or 3rd hand item - not so easy in the current situation with the usual Autumn Bring & Buys not happening.

• 2 months later...