Spit 72" aileron servos

Applewood

I've acquired a tony nijhuis spit 72 electric. Lovely model however I'm unconcerned that the New Power XL-17hmb Servos in the ailerons look a bit on the light side. They are 3.5kg torque mini size. Would appreciate any advice on if they are up to the job before I take it up. I know some of the glider guys have to go down the slim fit servos route because of the wing build dimensions. But this spit is quite heavy and plenty of room. It's a shame to go to standard size servos because I'll have to cut a larger servo hole and build and paint a new servos cover to match. Let me know if you have any advice, my gut feeling is to bite the bullet and go bigger.

Here you go, you can use this to calculate the servo torque, it's surprising how little torque is required.

Years ago we would all fit Futaba 148s or 3003s to this type of model, with slightly less torque than these new modern mini servos.

BTW I have used these metal geared servos in my 1/4 and 1/3rd scale gliders and found them to be fine,

I would have gone with a standard size servo too if I was building this model. However, I would have no fears about using the minis if they were already in there. They will be fine for the flight loads on a plane such as this. You will however need to check them regularly, especially if you bump the surface on anything, they are not very tolerant of knocks as the gears are so small.

Would it be less work to move up to a 26g park servo? These are tougher than the mini, but still much smaller than a standard?