Which Radio Gear?

Roger Dyke

Advert

i have the spekky dx6,for eighteen months now,after four months,i started having nothing but problems with it,spektrum out of the lot of the brands does seem to have the most problems,but i suppose its luck of the draw,i am waiting for the jeti ds12 for release this autumn,so in the new year,its a definate upgrade for me,i just dont trust spektrum anymore,you get what you pay for!!

Roger, given your work background I disagree with the advice that's been given to disregard the FrSky Tx's. IMO it would be worth considering an Opentx system.
Also the fact that you have only used non-computerised Tx's is probably an advantage. Advice to newcomers to Opentx has often been - forget whichever pre-set menu system your previous Tx had, Opentx is completely flexible.

It's worth pointing out that there's no need to upgrade firmware as new versions appear, the system will work as purchased so long as compatible Rx's are used - same as any other brand.

Posted by Dave Hess on 21/08/2018 09:02:04:

As well as knowing what to do, you have to know what not to do. In my case, I bought an Frsky receiver that's not compatible with my version of the transmitter. There's no mention on any listings of these compatibility issues. The transmitters don't come with receivers, so how could any noob avoid ths situation.

It is mentioned in the, admittedly very basic, instruction manual that D8 mode Rx's are not compatible with your EU version Tx.

Edited By PatMc on 22/08/2018 22:58:10

If your 35 meg gear is OK why not stick with it? I intend to use mine when I'm fit again. 6 channels are more than enough for me. I started with single and when I got 3 I was like a dog with 2 tails.I have 2 Futaba 6 channel sets and one 3 ch & Graupner 3 ch an unknown 40 meg 2 ch,an unknown 35 meg 2channel. All work well so I'm keeping them. You know ; if it "ain't broke don't fix ( dump ) it "TBH the modern sets are just too complicated for my old brain.frownyes

Hi Onetenor,

Thanks for your reply. I do intend to stick with my 35MHz kit initially but as it's very, very old, and it did see a lot of service, I don't know how reliable it will be. I'm sorry for getting technical, but as a retired electronics engineer I know that certain electronic components age with time (especially electrolytic capacitors). This aging process can severely impair the operation of equipment. I'll see how it goes. It's a one step at a time thing at the moment.

Roger