The September Grand Prize Draw

Roger Auker

Hi guys and girls

I too remember the control line version of this model made by cox from plastic. I can still see it sitting angled inside a square box with a transparent lid proudly proclaiming it had a cox .049 engine fitted. Like the previous contributor, I too could not afford such a wonderfull piece of kit. At that time I could have never imagined the kind of ready to fly models we currently see, and less still the computers that we fly our cyber planes on when the weather is not too good. In the end my dad  managed to afford a KK Radian which was about the same size, and also got me a Wen Mac 049 engine with spring starter. It was a real sod to start, and refused completely when we took the plane out to fly. I never did see it in the air !!   With hindsight I suspect the old dry battery set up was probably the reason.

Now, some 45 years after that first model I have decided to learn to fly, and am currently taming the nerves on a brilliant flight sim.(Phoenix)  Next step will be an ARTF foam model and I am absolutely resolved to put the thing into service myself.

Hi All,

Must be another Prize Give-Away !!

I'm looking to return to the RC Scene after about 20Year leave, but with the massive falls on the stock market this week I now have insufficient funds to acquire the kit - If anyone else wins this excellent prize please feel sorry for those unfortunates who have lost everything and donate the prize to a truely worthy cause - ME

Cheers ALL

Paul