Feugray TR_260

Ron Norris

• 3 months later...
Advert

I got the exhaust silencer made on my grandad's lathe, we first put it into the 4 jaw chuck to face it off to get a rectange 12 x 30 x 45 then milled out the slots in the side and then drilled out the exhaust hole and mounting screws, and it is made of aircraft grade aluminium

I think i will just build the plane without the cowl to begin with, cause me being very dopey, i cut out the formers when i forgotten about the fuse width problem hope to have it flying soon!!!

(That is if i can find the plan after all this time!)

Edited By Peter Savage on 23/08/2009 12:54:41

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Cast an oblong lead weight for the rudder earlier today and epoxied it into the rudder.

I HAD to see what it was like all put together! I can tell it is gonna look awesome and i WILL have it done in a few weeks, i hope to get it finished in time to take it to the RCM&E funfly and hopefully have enough time to finish my other models not wanting to rush them or anything!

Anyway, the photos have finished uploading

If anyone wants to look at all my photos you can look at the facebook album (even if you don't have facebook):

Peter,

Will there be a CNC set/plan pack available for this soon; traplet or myhobbystore?

I would love to build this, and the Denight Special, but do not have the time to cut out all the bits by hand (my hobby jig saw is rubbish and I am still finishing my Sig Wonder, 4Star40, and Nijhuis Hurricane. (all about 90%)

Thanks for all your superb designs, keep 'em coming.

As far as I know there will be no pack for this model or the Denight Special. They were designed before I got involved with SLEC.

You could send the plan to SLEC and ask them if they would cut a set of parts out for you.

Traplet only do their own plans. There is another company called Belaire that cut out sets of parts from people's plans. They never bother to ask the designer.

Last bit of cockpit sheeting glued on, waiting patiently to be wetted, steamed and glued!

Still debating whether to put 35mhz in it, is it normal to not reach 10 paces with the aerial down? it has been so long since we used 35mhz properly I can't really remember :s it's that or nick a receiver out my other planes but I have to much fun with my other models!

Can't wait to have a scale aerobat in my arsenal!!!

Bit of useless trivia, the head of Belair laser cutting is part of my grandad's flying club in Norfolk!

Edited By Peter 'Servo Scrounger' Savage on 28/02/2010 23:57:49

• 2 weeks later...