Feugray TR_260

Ron Norris

Advert

I think I will put it in, so that when the cowl is off it can't get kinked, I am determined to get it as smooth as a babies' Derrier!!!

You can see a sort of fault line, from where i built it before, with less building experience, then on the other side, where I have taken my time and have done a good job  

Need to repair the switch on the fret saw to make it easier! don't suppose anyone has a spare switch for a draper 20" fretsaw? official spares are long since available! 

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Came across  this thread and couldn't resist joining in.  I've recently finished my Feugray and am just waiting for some decent weather to first-fly it but thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the finished article.  It's powered by a J'en 37 which fits right inside the cowl as you can see with just a small hole for the glow start - a really tidy installation.

In the background, the one nearest the Feugrys tail with the Yosemite Sam cartoon on the side is a Lil' Bandit and the tail with blue and yellow rays on belongs to a Cap 21 - along with the white wing with Mudry on top and the red trailing edge.

Both are favourite planes of me and my son so can't wait to fly the new one.

Thanks Peter.

Edited By Terry Meakin on 07/04/2010 20:03:40

Edited By Terry Meakin on 07/04/2010 20:05:35

• 3 weeks later...
Bit confused as to why C2 at the bottom, is 1/8th wider on each side, is there meant to be a 1/8th inch step at the cowl? i reckon it may be a drawing error because you mention the cheeks are made of 1/2" balsa but it is 1/2" minus the 1/8 spacing.

Heres the covering I have done on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nope, it is running the right way, I have to confess, it is noly that easy to start when it is heated up! I don't quite get what you mean by its not nice to put a person to a name, I assume you didn't mean the put the 'not' in!

I am trying to become a super popular youtube person *shameful youtube channel advertisement alert* so subscribe if you want to be updated about my videos XD

I would have been taxiing it around the garden but the balance is way too far forward for that now, will sort all that out when the wings are done.

I have one aileron finished which is what is holding me back, and all the other projects!!!

Peter (vanepico on youtube! :P)

Edited By Peter 'Servo Scrounger' Savage on 02/06/2010 22:32:16