Flightline Spitfire?

SIMON CRAGG

Advert

I have the 1600mm one. Excellent quality - goes together no fuss. Flys really well - for a warbird it has a low wing loading - around 25oz/sqft. Not for the totally inexperienced - but fine in the hands of any reasonably competant club pilot. Looks great, good ground handling.

The only pinch point is the price - but I'd say it's worth it.

BEB

I saw one flying at our club field on Saturday, very impressive. It is quite an investment, but any Spitfire of that size is not going to be cheap. The similarly sized Tony Nijhius kit of parts comes to about £330 with the retracts, and you still have to buy all the servos, motor, esc and covering, then build it.

Apart from getting the satisfaction of the build, I don't understand why people are resistant to spending money on "a lump of foam". For complex, curvy aircraft it's probably the best material to use, and you have to get pretty close these days to spot the surface finish is foam.

Posted by Trevor Crook on 01/10/2018 22:27:24:

I saw one flying at our club field on Saturday, very impressive. It is quite an investment, but any Spitfire of that size is not going to be cheap. The similarly sized Tony Nijhius kit of parts comes to about £330 with the retracts, and you still have to buy all the servos, motor, esc and covering, then build it.

Apart from getting the satisfaction of the build, I don't understand why people are resistant to spending money on "a lump of foam". For complex, curvy aircraft it's probably the best material to use, and you have to get pretty close these days to spot the surface finish is foam.

Agreed.

I have changed my opinion of electric models in recent years.

They are no longer underpowered, flimsy slow flying junk!.

I recently flew my Freewing Hawk full chat through the top of a fir tree, Did a bit of damage.....but very easy to repair and now flies better than ever.

If it had been a traditional balsa model, I would still be picking up the bits.

They are VERY strong!

Edited By SIMON CRAGG on 02/10/2018 07:50:01

Posted by Trevor Crook on 01/10/2018 22:27:24:

Thanks Mr.Trevor , finally someone, after Alex Whittaker,said the real and right thing ... thank you so much.