Marutaka / Royal Beech Craft D17 Staggerwing Kit

Andy C

I am considering selling this kit to provide the funds to buy another kit I have my eye on. Anyone have any ideas on value please. I have no reason to think it isn't complete, and does include the aluminium cowl although that does have a few marks on it.

Thanks

Advert

Andy, put a bit more info....ie. wingspan, what engine/electric motor. It looks a nice kit, people may be interested if there was a bit more info matey. Or....just say how much you would like.

However, the Modeling fraternity are notoriously tight, as you know.......

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 18/10/2018 17:29:43

Thanks DD, but I guess I was thinking that more people would already be aware of this kit and have a view already on what kind of value it had. The intention was to attract more knowledge than offers (although clearly offers are good ).

However, as advised, info from box states:

Scale - 1:6.86

WIngspan 1422mm

Length 1160mm

Weight 3.4 - 4.9kg

Engine - 50 to 60

If it's any help I've sold 60 engine sized Pica and TopFlite kits for £80-120 but then I'm cheap whether I'm buying or selling. I've seen the same TopFlite kits as the ones that I sold going for £180-200 on various selling sites.

Can you be sure it's complete? If you're not prepared to guarantee that, that fact and the damaged cowl will knock it's value down. Personally these days I'd advertise it at £150 and sleep happy knowing it's what I would consider fair. For a quick sale ask £120. If it's maximum cash you're after, ask £200 ONO. If you feel lucky put it on E-bay with a 1p start and see where it goes. List it for 30 days though to give time for word to get around.

What did annoy me was to see one kit I'd sold on an £80 offer because the buyer reckoned he'd been searching for one that was at a later date being advertised for £160 on the BMFA classifieds! I guess the buyer fell out of love with the model once he'd looked at the plan.