my models and what are they

nigel newby

Hi all, just though that I should stick up piccys of my planes.p1010246.jpg

I know what some of them are, because it says so one the plane, but others I have either forgot, or just don't know.

This first one above is an old Ben Buckle kit. 3 channels,and a .25 engine in it. Flies nicely though, and does the normal aerobatics, for a 3 channel.

Don't know what model it is though as I have forgot.

p1010247.jpg

This one is the Arising star. 4 Channels and an OS 40 engine. Great 4 channel trainer, nice and big with a 60" wingspan. Got it brand new on EBay for about £30. Has been in the loft for awhile now and the pure white covering on the fuselage has now turned a dirty off white colour.

p1010248.jpg

I have not got the foggiest what this is. Has a 60 engine in it. I have still to fly it, just needs servos and a little tidying up. This was a model some one took up our local tip to throw away. I picked up several planes from them but never got there address, as I was also given several sets of wings all in a big box, so I bet there were several more planes. I did not have much cash on me, but gave them what I had.

p1010249.jpg

This one is called a Carnival, also from the tip. 3 channels and about a 48" wingspan. It came with the engine. Must put a receiver in it againand fly it. Nice to fly, but will not take off from the ground as it seems to do a Dutch roll, so now I always hand launch.

p1010250.jpg

Another one from the tip. Still needs finishing, but it should not take to long. Would be nice to know what it is though, As it could help in finishing it, and getting it ready to fly.

p1010251.jpg

p1010252.jpg

This is a single wing Tiger Moth, It is about 3/4 finished. Require a 40 engine to power it. Needs the servos fitting and the tail feathers fitting.

p1010253.jpg

p1010254.jpg

Yet another plane from the tip. A HiBoy Precendent. This was my first ever 4 channel plane. My one took some serious punishment, before a battery failure caused it to spin in from quite a height. Never really like it that much as I was still learning to fly, and it was heavy and fast. This one came complete with servos and an engine and even a receiver. Just needs a battery and it is ready to fly.

p1010255.jpg

p1010256.jpg

This is one of my first gliders. Used to go up with a bungee launch. Now requires some minor repairs to the elevator. This is another model that has taken a battering. The nose and the rear of the plane have both been refitted more than once. Might put in an electic motor some time.

Well that's about all at the moment. All the bets to you all and thanks for looking >Nigel

Advert

Hi chaps thanks a lot so far. Blimey you guys are quick off the mark, amazing.

Yes Broken English, you are right, I remember now it is a Hepcat. Nice little flier, have spent many a happy hour with it.

Funny thing, the landing gear got a bit shot with landing in the gorse sometimes. I was wondering how to fix it, and when I got it back out, it had been fixed. Amazing the model repair faries must have done it sometime, as for the life of me I cannot remember doing it. A nice surprise.

Ok Trebor and Denis on the precedent BiFly. Will have to see what I can find out about it. Landing gear etc. Trebor I see you have a nice red one, so might be asking question later. But not at the moment.

Would be nice to find out what my red one is?

All the best Nigel

Seems amazing that some of the planes were in the process of being dumped. I did acquire a model that was rescued from the local tip a Ripmax Superlite ?. It's ready for another flight following a bad cross-wind landing and subsequent repairs. There are of course advertisements for the purchase of complete model plane collections for re-sale in the RCM&E magazines , although my wife puts no value on my planes and can't wait to get a skip delivered for them when I depart !

pa030107.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 04/11/2018 22:09:44

Hi Mike, That's a nice plane. I bet that that can beat up the sky.

These people are normally called Philistines. I don't know why, because, I was once called a Philistine, but I knew I wasn't because I was born in Hammersmith. But it's a case of one mans meat is another mans poison. Still I have got four nice models from there. It just goes to show what people dump at the tip. I just wished I had asked for their address, as I might have got a lot more, although they might have already dumped them.

Nigel

Hi Ron, I think you are right. You have a good eye for model planes. It looks like one apart from the nose, and I suspect that that is different to accommodate the engine and exhaust. I think I might get some thin ali and make a cover for it just to make it look better, although I suspect it would fly well just as it stands.

Nigel