Well took advice bought a Electric plane to learn to fly before trying my petrol low wing

Ron Hancock 1

Very lucky found a new Multiplex Magister 64 wing span never been flown. It had a heavy brush motor so ordered new brushless motor and 60 controller plus new Battery. I still know nothing about RC planes but on here and at local Plane club all said be wrong to learn on petrol engine low wing balsawood plane. So bought this one to learn on first. Managed to sort Batteries help with the help of you guys both planes binded had to fit new servo on one plane. I still not started them as yet I did hear the soar 40 run when I bought it. I have bought 3 spare engines one brand new so should be ok. Now plucking up courage to build my spitfire it has a 60 inch wing span but looking in Box all just a load balsa wood Lazor cut. Just getting started is my problem. Ron

Edited By Ron Hancock 1 on 16/11/2018 19:03:42

Ron,

As a recent returner, if I were in your shoes I’d start the Spit but under periodic supervision from an old hand at your club and if you finish it before you can fly it solo, get the best flier of warbirds in the club to fly it with you on a buddy box. That way you’ll get to fly it, a bit, without re-kitting it on your first take-off.

You’ll need a patient supportive tutor but these seem to be in fairly good supply, at least at my club. Just as well.

Happy landings!

BTC

Your Multiplex Monitor bears a remarkable similarity to something called a "We Can Fly." which I bought as a club trainer. It's an easy model to fly but I'd caution that you fly it on a buddy box with an experienced instructor for quite some time before you try to fly it on your own. In my experience, older beginners take much longer to learn how to fly than youngsters.

wcf with young lad.jpg

Your Humble Servant stands alongside his much more burly young trainee who holds the model.