FrSky ACCESS - New improved protocol

Chris Bott - Moderator

Never ones to rest on their laurels, FrSky are showing a new page on their website describing a new RF protocol.

With a number of advantages listed, it looks very interesting indeed.

FrSky Advanced Communication Control - Elevated Spread Spectrum

So - Who's going to try it first?

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 25/03/2019 18:27:29

Advert

Hmm, can’t access that link Chris but have had a look, very interesting! I had previously seen the spectrum analyser being shown on a TX so great to see it now out. Question is, does or when will Open TX support these new features as both my Horus 12 and Taranis are on that OS. Maybe I should now be looking to get the 10s and keep the FrSky os on that???!!!

Edited By Ron Gray on 25/03/2019 18:25:45

There is quite a bit of work involved in supporting this new protocol, it is actively being developed and implemented. It should be available on all FrSky transmitters and supported by ersky9x and openTx.

My view is it will appear at much the same time on all transmitter firmware.

The details of the protocol between the radio and the Tx module are being refined as the firmware is developed. This is happening in the same way that the Taranis was developed with direct involvement between FrSky and open source developers.

Mike

Edited By Mike Blandford on 25/03/2019 18:45:42

Posted by Ron Gray on 25/03/2019 18:29:02:

Some of the features look really good such ease of Rx swapping, no re-binding, multi Rx connection to 1 TX (great for redundancy), wireless Rx upgrades and Spektrum analyser!

It's actually the other way around Ron - you can have more than one tx bound to a single rx now, meaning competition fliers with spare tx's are better catered for. Multi rx connection to one tx is already there (at least it is on my X12s).

Looking forward to the update - more so for the extra channels than anything else yes

Andy, as I read it the multi rx functionality is changing to allow full telemetry from all receivers. The last time I bound a second receiver using the X12 as it is I had to bind one rx without telemetry.

It states that the powermeter and spectrum (Spektrum?surprise) analyser needs the rf module from the latest transmitters such as the Pro version - is that using something different to the iXJT modules in the Taranis and Horus X12?