Digital subscriber versus subscription number

MikeQ

Hello

I'm subscribed to the digital format of RCME via Pocketmags app on iPad. However, I can't remember ever getting a subscription number per se. So I can't access subscribers only content.

you guys are tied in together with Pocketmags right? As in, as far as I'm concerned I'm paying for a subscription and I have access to the digital copy. Pocketmags told me to get in touch with the publisher, which I found strange.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Edited By MikeQ on 03/05/2019 07:00:37

Advert

I use to be a magazine subscriber for many years. Had piles of RCMEs around my house, garage and man cave. Went digital, a couple years back. Great as I can read it on my phone, iPad, even laptop at work. Great when sitting in boring meetings. Yet now there are certain topics I can’t access on this modelflying site, which state full subscription only. Surely I’m still a paying customer and you don’t have the expense of printing and postage etc. I have to admit I do miss the feel and smell of that brand new magazine.

Hi Mike,

As Paul said, we do have a thread for all your subs enquiries here for any future queries but as I've caught this one, I will answer here.

Yes we work with Pocketmags but any Pocketmags subscribers can only access their digital editions through the pocket mags app and website, it doesn't tie up with the archive on this website or any of the subscriber only content because they are a third party organisation.

In order to access the archive, content on here and to be able to view the magazines on the pocket mags app, you'd need to subscribe through us. This can be done by cancelling your Pocketmags subscription and then re-joining through our subscriptions department who you can call to do this on 0344 243 9023.

Although not the most simple of answers, I hope this answers your query okay!

Kell,

As a digital subscriber, you should be able to access the subscriber only topics. There could be a couple of explanations as to why you can't view them anymore. When you switched to digital only, you'd have received a new subscriptions number. Did you update this in your profile? If not, that would be a reason why you no longer have access.

And again, same as the above, did you subscribe through us or Pocketmags?

If you've updated your subs number and subscribed through us, let me know and I'll ask the bureau to look into it for you.

Thanks

Beth

Hi

thanks for the info ... not very 'joined up' though. If I'm handing over the loot to a partner of RCME I don't expect a second class subscription level.

Is there no way you can issue a subscription number just so I can see the digital subscriber only content on this site?

Understand its not your fault and thanks for the help ... but it is the 21st century. They even land space rockets backwards now!

I'm completely with you... it doesn't make sense! It'd be worth having a chat with the subscriptions dept and seeing if there is anything they can do as they're the only ones who could issue a subs number. You can email them with an explanation and a link to this thread if its easier for you... [email protected] but just be aware, they can take a couple of days to reply.

Beth