Spektrum DX5e 2.4GHz DSM 5Ch Transmitter

Pat (rActive) Harbord

I agree- its very cut down very basic Tx - and offering "1" model memory is a joke IMO

I got a brand new DX6i from Inwoods for a measly £40 - much better - again only IMO especiually as the excellent AR6000 Rx are avilabale at around 40 quid.

I must say I am surprised at HH for releasing it ...much better I would have thought to leave the DX6i as the "entry level" set and as sales ramp up even further, discounts will get even better.

i think there is absolutely no point in a 5ch one, they are falling down to cheap transmitters, where you can no longer trust their quality, and your gonna want atleast 6 channels for an average plane so why bother? i am assuming this will come with a receiver that is 5 channels so i just do not see the point, spend £36.99 more on a 6 channel, with all the settings adjustments and stuff, with an ar6200 twin module reciever which can be used in any model you want

yeah, but i think when you are getting into that low price section, you don't want an expensive transmitter, i would think you would get a cheap 35mhz set then get a 2.4ghz set for when you get more interested, there isn't even that much price difference, and i think if you say that you can use a dx6i on 9 other models they would rather pay the extra £30, i know i would

I have just found out on an american site that the ar500 is $60, compared to the $79 of the ar6100 and i cannot see why you wou.ld put yourself at that disadvantage just to save £30 for the dx5i or around £15 for the ar500, it is marketed as a full range receiver though, with a socket for a satellite i believe

The AR500 is a very interesting development. It only has a single "box" i.e. no satellite receiver. But it is marketed as a Full Range receiver. This appears to be achieved by having a normal short aerial sticking out one side, while the other is on a cable (maybe 6" long??) So it can be positioned away from and at 90deg to the short one. http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Gallery.aspx?ProdID=SPM5500&Index=6 Is this the layout of full range Rx's to come? It does also appear to have a satellite socket, but that just be 'cos they have used the 6200 case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

IVE JUST GOT MY FIRST DX5E RADIO THE PROBLEM IS IVE DONE A RANGE TEST WAT IT SES IN THE MANUEL 30 PACES 90 FEET I CANNOT EVEN GET TO 10 PACES RECIEVER PACK OK! TESTED RADIO BATTS OK! IT SOUNDS TA ME THAT SOMETHIN IS KNACKERD SOMEWERE FULL POWER ON RADIO NOT EVEN 250 METERS AS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS THANKS WILL BE CHECKING THIS SITE DAILY FOR RESPONSES