Mill 75 electric set up

I have been asked to design a model for free flight to be powered by a Mills 75. As the intended model will be experiment with possible modifications/ crashes along the way I am reluctant to install the Mills until fully sorted.

Id hate to damage the Mills so to make life easier I am thinking of going electric for the experimental stage but don't really know the kind of power output the Mills has.

Can anyone recommend a suitable like for like electric set up which would use the same diameter prop as the Mills please?

Thanks

Rich

Advert

There was some discussion around the power of a Mills in this thread Richard which might be useful **LINK**

If it helps I have an electric powered Mini Tyro which is the sort of model a Mill 0.75 might have been used in & that flies very nicely on max 60W.....I did initially have about 100W in there & it really wasn't pleasant to fly...the torque of the electric motor made it want to roll every time I opened the throttle. Torque a theoretical concept where a Mills 0.75 is concerned however so I'd venture to suggest somewhere around the 50-60W mark would be about right....wink 2