Hello from Guildford

Neil Sadler

Hi all, newbie here, well almost, I remember going with my Dad to Chobham Common about 40 years ago to watch the rc aircraft, I have always had an interest in flight since then, I did build a few, well 3 in total around 20 years ago, a Wot4, a Yamomoto & another balsa & tissue plane with an os40 4 stroke, glow engine and tried to go it alone , and we all know where they ended up. Since then I have amounted 5000 hour on a PC flight simulator & am now the COO of virtual Air Canada, I have also piloted a Cessna 152 for an hour or so, I thought I would give rc planes another go, so I purchased a powered glider & have flown this quite a few times recently & it is still as new, I have now purchased a Durafly Tundra as an upgrade & yesterday I had my maiden flights with no probs & will be joining a club soon.

Advert

Hi and Welcome Neil,

I used to fly up Chobham Common twenty or so years ago still have my planes in the loft, but oh has technology moved on since the early 90s! Electric seems to be the way to go for sure, but ic still has its place. I really want to get back into building and flying again properly but finances and time is the biggest hinderance. I have stacks of mags with plans also. I live in Woking now with kids but they go to high school so hopefully I'll have more time soon. Good luck with it and you will get plenty of sound advice and encouragement on this forum definitely.

Kind Regards

Steve Adams 

Edited By Steve Adams on 01/08/2019 23:46:00

Edited By Steve Adams on 01/08/2019 23:47:08

Hi Paul D. I remember flying at Chobham back in the late 60.s early 70's up on a hill near a big stone cross (a Victoria memorial I think) until they put the M3 just a short distance away. Where do you fly now? Keep thinking of going back but I suspect it may be built up now.

John