PPM

Basil

Hi, I am an old retunee and I have a lot to learn and catchup on. When talking recievers, what is a PPM............? I have just bought a new RX that has an input/output that is labelled PPM., There is similar ' STAT ' , can someone fill me in please.

Barry

Edited By B YELLOP on 30/07/2019 14:16:58

Advert

I'm not a Spektrum user and have never heard of Storm but this might help. I assume that STAT is a continuation of the spelling error of the port for a (presumably optional) satellite receiver...I don't know how much confidence that might give you in its quality but the suggestion is that they are made by the makers of the better known Orange clones.

SMC appear to supply the same thing under a different name. There's a short video on binding on the page I've linked to.

PPM is easier - it's Pulse Proportional (or Position) Modulation which is information about the desired pulsewidth (position) commanded by the transmitter and used by such things as quadcopter control modules and you can probably safely ignore it.

Edited By Martin Harris on 30/07/2019 14:57:25

Hi. Stat is a Chinglish spelling for the socket you plug a satalite receiver into, if you decide to use one.. PPM stands for Pulse Position Modulation. The main channels of the receiver use one signal wire per channel. PPM is a method of daisy chaining stuff together, using one signal wire. Said to be useful for easier wiring of autopilots.

There endeth the knowledge, as I, like most flyers just plug a servo into the relevant channel, same as I have always have, and don't use this plug.

Thank both, Martin & Don for your input. Yes it was cheap at a little over £9. It is identical to thepicture furnished by Martin, and the same but with the word Storm as on SMC,( @ £19.). I have also learned some thing about Helis, re channel use( Just bought an old second hand Align and spent time trying to get things running, and sustained minor injuries taboot. I suppose I could start a thread about that, but not now!!!!

I am going to put it in the Revolver (autogyro)see post.

So thank you once again Martin and Don

.Regards Barry

Thank both, Martin & Don for your input. Yes it was cheap at a little over £9. It is identical to thepicture furnished by Martin, and the same but with the word Storm as on SMC,( @ £19.). I have also learned some thing about Helis, re channel use( Just bought an old second hand Align and spent time trying to get things running, and sustained minor injuries taboot. I suppose I could start a thread about that, but not now!!!!

I am going to put it in the Revolver (autogyro)see post.

So thank you once again Martin and Don

.Regards Barry