Hi from Penderyn, South Wales

Hi all, Im returning to the hobby after years in the wilderness, life stuff just kept getting in the way,

Like some of us i started modelling as a kid with KeilKraft and Guillows free flight balsa planes, then i progressed into control line and then stick and tissues Rc, I dont think ive got the head to scratch build anymore so been sticking with foamies, recently ive been have fun with converting Lidl gliders and trying my hand at slope soaring for the first time,

Anyway, Happy landings ! ;0)

Advert

Thank you Piers.

Im flying a converted Lidl glider are present but i keep lookng at 2,3,4 metre soarers on the net with envious eyes, like a dog looking at someone eating a pork chop lol.

Love the Sabre build, i dont think i could build in balsa again, The 2nd Mrs Jones already thinks i spend to much time on my own with my drones and foamies. she dont need another excuse to up and leave me lol

Hi Penderyn Flyer - I live in Newport and fly nothing but slope, and of course we have the best slope flying in Wales, if not the UK. Check out my BLOG which has on Page 2 (Flying Sites), all of the popular slopes between Cardiff and Hirwaen. If you are a Facebook user then we also have a group page, Slope Soaring in Wales, check us out and come flying with us.

Steve

Edited By Steve Houghton 1 on 01/08/2019 10:03:46

I'm a member of the Valley Fliers club based in Treharris. I thought there was a model flying club near Hirwaun, but having just looked, I can't find it on the BMFA club finder page.

Living in Penderyn, you're not that far from one of the best slope soaring sites in the Country, the Bwlch mountain overlooking Treorchy.

Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 01/08/2019 09:47:11:

Hi Penderyn Flyer - I live in Newport and fly nothing but slope, and of course we have the best slope flying in Wales, if not the UK. Check out my BLOG which has on Page 2 (Flying Sites), all of the popular slopes between Cardiff and Hirwaen. If you are a Facebook user then we also have a group page, Slope Soaring in Wales, check us out and come flying with us.

Steve

Edited By Steve Houghton 1 on 01/08/2019 10:03:46

Thanks for the info Steve, im already on Slope Soaring Wales, Name is Philip Jones on there, Im loving what you guys are doing, ;0)

Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 01/08/2019 17:18:55:

I'm a member of the Valley Fliers club based in Treharris. I thought there was a model flying club near Hirwaun, but having just looked, I can't find it on the BMFA club finder page.

Living in Penderyn, you're not that far from one of the best slope soaring sites in the Country, the Bwlch mountain overlooking Treorchy.

Very interesting Dai, id no idea there was a club in Treharris, where do they fly ? I havnt heard of a Hirwaun club, I can see why there would be one tho with Cwm Cadlan on the Rhigos on the door step, I fly my Drones, and planes almost exclusively around Cadlan, I know the Bwlch being born and bought up in The Rhondda. thats defo on my To-do list ;0)

Posted by eflightray on 01/08/2019 19:47:31:

Penderyn, I'm not too far away down the A465 in Neath, fly electric.

There is a model shop across the A465 in Skewen, Neath Abbey, called Fish 'N' Things.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the head up, i didnt know there was a model shop anywhere near these day, was a time every town had one. my fav,s were Mill street Models in Pontypridd, The Wishing Wall in Tonypandy. Ive just googled Fish n Things, got the address, i,ll have to call in maybe tomorrow, thanks again,

Regards

Phil

Posted by eflightray on 01/08/2019 19:47:31:

Penderyn, I'm not too far away down the A465 in Neath, fly electric.

There is a model shop across the A465 in Skewen, Neath Abbey, called Fish 'N' Things.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the head up, i didnt know there was a model shop anywhere near these day, was a time every town had one. my fav,s were Mill street Models in Pontypridd, The Wishing Wall in Tonypandy. Ive just googled Fish n Things, got the address, i,ll have to call in maybe tomorrow, thanks again,

Regards

Phil