Multiplex Vario/Altimeter vs UniSens-E

Yep, used both, and the SM Modelbau GPS logger, aerobtec Altis GPS unit, and home made Arduino vario,

The MPX and Unisens are both very easy to use (on M-Link), the MPX vario comes configured for M Link operation so is just plug and play but is easily changed on the MPX launcher program (using the MPX USB adapter). The Unisens you would have to hook up a PC, either with their com cable or a MPX USB adapter, to set to M-Link and adjust the settings, very easy to do, but the software is all in German so you'll need to download the English manual and work your way through it.

I use the Unisens E in my electric gliders so I not only have vario but can monitor the flight battery too and the MPX vario in pure gliders. My mate has a Cockpit Sx 9 and uses some of my homemade arduino varios in his gliders.

+1 For the Unisens.

Can't see the point of daisy chaining multiple (expensive?) MPX telemetry units when the Unisens does most if not all at the 'tick box' selection on set up. Very small unit too. Also can work with other radio systems if you stray from MPX!

Edited By Capt Kremen on 05/08/2019 13:33:54