Led light controller from dyna

Darran

Hi

i brought a Dynam T28 Trojan that has come with led lights, these plug into a dynam DY-DTM-1031 led controller. The only detail I can find on this is that it can be controlled from the transmitter.

now the leds plug into the controller and it provides 5 output wires to use, three of them are on a pulse and two static.

The other end plugs into the receiver and has all three wires so suggests that it is at least capable of an on off signal

I have tried setting up a switch on my Taranis for this, but it doesn’t work. The lights just operate on matter what the switch position is. I have other switch configurations working so I don’t think I have configured wrong but you never know.

Anyone have any experience with these led setups and know if it is indeed possible to assign a switch to turn the leds on and off.

Edited By Darran on 28/08/2019 20:14:14

Advert

I have the Dynam Hellcat which has led in the wingtip lights. There is no controller with the Hellcat, I had to buy an Rx operated switch from Hobbyking. This plugs into a spare Rx socket and has a separate battery. It is controlled by a switch on the Tx. I never actually got round to wiring it up for the sake of two leds.

John

Darran. It looks as if your controller takes it's power from the Rx. I would suggest that you use a spare Rx socket not used for flight controls ie:- no6 then set up your Tx to operate a switch assigned to that channel if your Tx allows that

What Radio are you using and do you have spare channels?

I'm sure there will be someone with more idea than me along soon.

John

Edited By John Tee on 29/08/2019 16:23:49

John

Yes the controller does indeed plug into the receiver, my setup is

X8R receiver with controller plugged into a spare channel 5. The TX is a Taranis X9D and I have a switch set up in my mixer page for Channel 5. But it does not work, when powered up the lights work but using the switch does not turn them off.

Hi, I have the later version of the Hurricane which comes with full comedy lighting.

I found on my system (Spektrum DX9 G2, AR9010) that the lights module couldn't find any switching mechanism; It just seems to get its power from the Rx.

I soldered the "controller" to a Veroboard circuit on which I separated the flashing signal from the steady signal.

I also soldered on an electronic switch as part of the steady light channel.

On the aircraft I changed the anti collision lights to bright red, plugged in to the flashing output from the controller.

I plugged the navigation lights into the steady output. I ripped out the silly red landing lights which were replaced with brilliant white 10mm LEDs. These I connected to my switched, steady circuit. This is also connected to the gear output from the RX. Now, the correct colour landing lights only illuminate when the gear is down.

The little Veroboard was made of a size to fit in the recess under the cockpit, above the rear wing entre section. All the Dynam warbirds are different so others may not have room for this board which is about 30mm by 20mm.

The only time consuming bit was to make the plethora of the Dynam wiring spaghetti fit neatly when attaching the wing.

The steady and flashing lights all operate as soon as the Rx is powered up. I haven't bothered to place another electronic switch to the Rx although that could have been added to the board.