Waste not etc

Phil Winks

Advert

my first " bitsa " model - too long ago to mention - flew away free flight on a thermal - lesson learned - small sports models can catch thermals.

wing ,tail and fuz were all from different models - all I can remember was the fuz was a Titch - which I think was a free plan in the aeromodeller - and the engine was a s/hand albon dart.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's be happening in

I think It's been happening in " full size aviation " for some time, at my last visit to Brooklands Museum I was told that Vickers used the wings and engines from a Wellington bomber when they built the " VIKING" airliner !

RE. the E28/39  I had an uncle serving  in the RAF when it first flew, he told me that one of his fellow mechanics rushed in to the hangar in which he was working shouting " I've just seen a  "kite" with no prop on it fly past "  the universal reply was " don't talk B*****y stupid !!  

Phil (Winkes) if you want a good set of Elapor wings - lower/upper as you will, motor etc. for that 'EDF biplane' you want to get bored with over the winter, I can point you at a large wood here in Brittany. Therein lies my Easy Glider Pro which did a flyaway this week in a strong wind. Having just lost and recovered a FIK that morning you would have thought I would have learned but no.

Wife was very understanding and just said it made her Xmas present all too easy so I was on the web within minutes. New one on order from Germany then and will have to be a bit more careful with this one.. 

If I had the time to come to britany Grasshopper I'd certainly do wot I could to retrieve it for you I'm developing a sideline in model recovery from tree tops had to get another members down at the weekend being an ex rock climber I seem to be the 1st stop for those that suffer the tree magnet syndrome  better luck with your new model

can well believe the little story about the whittle eE28/39 Allan my dad recounted a similar story from that period must've been a strange sight for all that were so used to props beeing the only propulsion method