Flair Models - a question

A question about ‘Flair’ models. When talking recently to a model shop owner, who had just sold the last of his old Flair related stock, he mentioned that the brand had a new owner, who he had recently been in contact with. The shop owner wasn’t aware if there was any intention to restart production, but hoped there might be.

Does anyone here have any information? I like the Flair Puppeteer which I have and would quite like to build more. Old kits do occasionally come up for sale I know. It would be nice to see these back in production!

Thank you Denis, I had not seen that thread. Possibly there is hope yet...

I notice there is someone in Staffordshire who regularly advertises several Flair kits, at prices which seem to vary from time to time, but (understandably) typically have some considerable mark up from the prices I recall. Anyone know anything about this ? - the name is not the same as the person quoted as now owning Flair, so possibly old stock held over from an ex-model shop?

The chap in Staffordshire is a dealer, although he masquerades as a keen modeller. He places wanted ads for specific kits or types of kit, when you contact him with one to sell he tells you he's always wanted one of these and been searching for a while, you (I) gullibly think you're selling to a fellow modeller and agree a reasonable price, then see the kit re-advertised a couple of weeks later for double the price.

An alternative to the Flair Puppetteer might be the new DB S&S Sopwith Pup which has the same wingspan (60". It has the advantages of first, being near scale and, second, benefitting from the support DB are offering. Not sure of the price but I think it's now a shade over £200.

I bought my kit early for £195. I had to wait a while for delivery but as I wasn't ready to start anyway it wasn't a problem. I'll be starting in about a week.

Geoff

PS Just noticed Andrew's post earlier suggesting the 60" DB Sopwith Pup.  All I can say is my kit looks lovely in the box with nicely presented drawings and comprehensive instructions. I just hope it will still look lovely when I build it

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 02/10/2019 16:05:23