Sharing models - receiver / transmitter setup?

Dad_flyer

Coming to the hobby with Child_flyer is fabulous in very many ways. We get to learn something together, and read RCM&E together, but there is one problem.

We had a model, and a transmitter. All good so far smiley

Obviously we needed a second model and a second transmitter. smiley

Then, also obviously, the build bug bites. So we have another model. Then another. Then another. Then a good deal on a second hand model, a gift, and another nearing completion.

So the models are set up across the two transmitters. This means we can both fly together, but with only certain combinations of two models: we can't fly two that are set up on the same transmitter.crying

Does anyone else do this? Is it possible to have a model set up on two transmitters? If I set up the models well, then there are no trim settings, and servo ends are all 100%. Then we could have 3ch and 4ch programmes and receivers for each transmitter and swap them into modes to fly. Is there a technological solution on one of the radio brands instead?

The dumb solution is transmitter and receiver for each model, which on FlySky is less per model than a receiver is for some brands...

You need transmitters that have more than one 'model memory', most transmitters other than the very basic have this facility. You then program each model to one of the transmitters, one model to each model memory. You can then input the same program into the second transmitter either manually or with many transmitter you can use an SD card or a PC to effect the duplication.

You will then need to re-bind each model to the appropriate transmitter model memory as you swap between them. The attached photo shows the arrangement at the RC Hotel, the transmitters are shown down the left hand side & the model memory across the top. You will see that each transmitter has up to 6 models allocated to it, and every model has two transmitters which can be used. 6 models is the practical limit at the RCHotel but many transmitters nowadays have a very large model memory capacity running into dozens if not hundreds of models.

rc hotel tx.jpg

Edited By John Lee on 06/10/2019 13:45:35

Thank you both. I have plenty of model memories in the tx.

JL, I have not tried re-binding I feared it would lose more of the model settings tan just the bind. I shall try it. Then it is just copying all the settings across and keeping up with any trim changes, I don't think mine can do it with a computer hook-up.