Hitec Aurora 9 Scan mode

Hydeflyer

I think you mean, you have skipped between the Optima and minima type receivers, blue or red flashing light on the back... normally when you push the little button in with a pen and let go, it starts to blink red, or IF YOU HOLD IT IN FOR 5 secs.. it changes to blinking BLUE. Do it again and hold in for 5 sec then it usually blinks back to RED again.

Hope it helps, and hope it is the problem

Thanks for quick responses. I've watched the video and it doesn't resolve the issue I'm afraid. Also pressing the button for 5 secs doesn't solve it either. The Tx is sending irregular pulses to the Rx (Optima 6) along with occasional beeps but no control function. I think I've screwed it up big time! None of my other model work either!!

It’s a year or so since I owned a Hitec but I remember trying the scan and seeing no great benefit when back to normal mode. As I remember it only required resetting the Transmit mode followed by having to re-bind each and every Rx as though starting afresh. Sounds like you may have already tried this but it worked for me.

Tim

I have accidentally corrected the problem thanks to a combination of a Youtube video, some help from a colleague and some trial and error. This is a cautionary tale for all Hitec Aurora 9 users!

Don't try and change from normal mode (factory default) to scan mode as you will loose connection with ALL your receivers!

I've been trying to re-bind my receivers without success until I realised there is a difference between the standard Optima Rx series, the Minima series and several of the aftermarket "Hitec compatible" Rx available.

When carrying out the rebinding process to an Optima 6 I noticed that the light on the Tx module was blue and that when I powered up the Rx with the link button depressed, nothing happened. I tried again but this time, whilst the Tx was in link mode, I pressed the module button again until the blue light turned red, switched off and rebound the Optima 6 successfully, thus re-establishing control.

Then I went to a model with a Minima Rx and tried to power up but there was no bind and no control. I tried to rebind the Rx with the red light showing on the Tx and it wouldn't bind. So whilst in the bind mode I changed the Tx module light to blue, switched off and tried to rebind the Rx... It worked and I have control of the Minima.

SO... to bind an Optima Rx the light on the module needs to be red and for a Minima (or aftermarket Hitec compatible Rx) the light on the module needs to be blue.

Better not to try changing in the first place!!