Anyone good with Laptop/PC?

Dove from above

Sorry if this area is not foe this but really stuck!

Looking to get a Sim, I now have a Laptop due to lack of space. The Laptop was middle range apx 2 years ago. Chip is intel I7 ,16 GB mem BUT inbuilt graphics.

Looking at the sims most say to download latest drivers, I went to the device manager, found graphics card and did update driver. It said I have the latest driver, dated 01,09,2015! on intels site it shows a driver for the intel 5500 grapics 11,08 2019.

This is a Lenovo Laptop does that mean it will not be using dedicated drivers,the one being used now is a intel driver.

I was going to download the latest driver and try to install that way BUT did not want to mess the laptop up.

Any info would be great please.

Advert

I would think you'd be OK. My 10 year old desk top runs the Phoenix simulator with no problems at all. It does have a dedicated graphic card but only 4gb of memory (though the graphics card had a gbyte though I've just swapped it for one with 2gbytes for reasons other than running a flight sim).

Geoff