Which 2.4

John Barker

Advert

Put simply - I hope - FASST ( which is the fuby system ) is frequency hopping, which means the tx and the rx constantly and very rapidly change channels in synch with each other during transmission. Spektrum however used 2 x seperate but fixed channels. Fuby Rx have longer aerials than spekky, spekky use 1 x receiver with some models of rx, and a second satellite rx for the bigger longer range rx. Each manufacturer, will, of course, claim their system is best.

Both systems "work" so what the heck....  I find most peeps simply stick with the brand they were weaned on.

I have a DX6i and am quite pleased with it, it's very good value for money. There is also a FF7 FASST in the club and again user is very pleased.

Go for what you like the best, if I had to sum it up differences to me between two systems are

1 FF7 is 7 channel so better for more complex models and probably has more comprehsive programming features than the DX6i

2 Spektrum do lower cost Rx's than currently available from Futaba

3 Spektrum model match is a useful safety feature.

4 DX6i is designed for 2.4 from the ground up rather than sharing the case with a 35 mhz radio, so it balances on the neck strap.

So as you can see there are no major differences, so I'd go with the one you feel most comfortable with

Make sure you have a go with each.  Not sure about the physical size of the Futaba ones but the DX6i is a bit of a beast for smaller hands like mine.  It's taken me a while to gte used to it.

I can't comment on using the Futaba ones but I've been delighted with my Spekky; aparty from the size, the only thing I'd change is to have flaps on a slider or rotary knob rather than a swicth.

Mine is only used in planes so I'm not sure of the various swash plate options - the manual is available online though. 

GG

birdy wrote (see)

I like FASST more, but I recon that you should go for DSM2 (speccy) cos' the other manufactures seem to be going that way, cos' fuby won't tell them the secret to FASST! You could use JR 2.4 GHz recievers is what I am trying to say.

Birdy

It's only because JR and Spektrum have some sort of agreement, the DX7 is based on a JR 35 mhz set and it looks like less than 7 channel DSM2 will be by Spektrum and more by JR, i.e. the high end sets will be by JR.

Sanwa have just released their own FHSS (similar to FASST) system in the US

Frank Skilbeck wrote (see)

Birdy

It's only because JR and Spektrum have some sort of agreement, the DX7 is based on a JR 35 mhz set and it looks like less than 7 channel DSM2 will be by Spektrum and more by JR, i.e. the high end sets will be by JR.

Sanwa have just released their own FHSS (similar to FASST) system in the US

And the plot thickens...