YT 72" Hurricane

RottenRow

I picked up a YT Hurricane at this year's Nationals Bring and Buy, it's the older 72" version, with a Laser 150 fitted.

I am just in the process of sorting out various issues with the model.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a copy of the original instructions for this model please?

I am looking for initial control surface movements etc. As bought there is excessive movement on all of the control surfaces with the radio set to anywhere near 100% ATV. I can of course reduce this on the tx but would prefer to do most of it by lengthening the control horns where possible, or moving the pushrods inwards on the servo arms.

Thanks.

Brian.

Reg Shaw's might be able to help with control throws. In his other 'alias' as Ian Redshaw I'm pretty sure he had a hand in the development if not the design. I certainly saw him fly one of the early ones at Ashbourne. Try a PM.

It should well powered with a Laser 150. I think the prototypes were flown with RCV 90s.

Geoff

whatever rates the instructions give for the elevator i would probably cut them in half. Everyone moans yt kits have the cg wrong but in reality its the elevator rates that are much too high. This is a problem with many warbird kits (check out the seagull Hurricane thread!) and im pretty sure its half the reason so many warbirds dont last very long.

I would set one of your rate options as low as 5mm deflection as i really doubt you will need more than that.