Let down by FMS again

Come on FMS what are you playing at .About 4 years ago I brought a FMS P47 after about a year I broke one of the retract .Tried to get a spare retract only to be told the model and it's spares where discontinued .So I have had a FMS P47 sat in my loft due because there no more spares for it . Now I have just brought a FMS Red Tail Mustang ,which I believe it relatively new model and again I need a retract for it .Yes the spare for the Red Tail Mustang are discontinued and not avaliable anymore .So I now have 2 FMS Model unflyable because of lack of spare parts .If you a thinking about buying a model but not sure which one to buy ,ie FMS or Freewing ,I would stick with Freewing there spares are easy to come by where has FMS seem to discontinue there spare quickly .So if you are thinking of buying a certain model and FMS do that model and also Flightline/Freewing do the same model Just think about it .In my case if I had brought the Flightline Red Tail Mustang the spares are still avaliable but FMS are not What really annoys me is that FMS are still selling the Red Tail Mustang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but there are no spares any more .Anyone want to buy a FMS Red Tail Mustang with no retracts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advert

I wore out a retract unit in my Durafly Mk24 Spitfire after over 100 flights. Got a drop-in replacement from HK for under a tenner. Another 100 or so flights completed with no further issues. I have several other retract-equipped Durafly/Avios warbirds and had no retract issues, so they aren't all bad. As said above, Flightline also have a good spares backup.

Difficult to avoid Chinese ARTFs if you want smallish warbirds that fly well, Peter. My building skills are limited to sport or simple scale models, I'm afraid.

Posted by Stephen Smith 14 on 17/11/2019 14:56:18:

Doing it once is unfortunate but the second you deserve all you get, previous experience but went back for seconds

A bit harsh. We've all been tempted by next new model hoping it will be better than the last surely?!

Anyway happy days hope the reteacts work out for p51 and maybe the p47 too!