Empire of the Sun P51 Mustang

Amy flygirl

Ok so way back when I was 19 my dad and I purchased one of the actual Mustangs from the film. Bought it from Dave Smith of the Joker and Sapire designer.

It's been in storage for a number of years now and since my late freind past over a year ago now I thought its about time to get it flying again so I'm looking for any information I can about it and help resurrecting the Cadillac of sky's again.

I know that a guy called Pete Aston designed it and it was based on a Byron models Mustang which I would love to get hold of one of those kits. A while ago I saw on the Facebook selling site someone was selling a 1/3 scale one and I need a new canopy for it so tried contacting that person to no avail.

I'm so desperate to get this thing flying again I spent a Lot of money buying a 12x10 shed just to fit it in so please if anyone is kind enough to help a lady out in honouring a late freinds wish out please get in touch.

Big hugs Amy xx

Interestingly, one of the letters in Martin's link refers to the the model museum at Goosedale near Bestwood, Notts. I remember it well as I learned to fly there and passed my 'A' at the club. It was a great place sadly ended by various shenanigans if the stories I heard were true. I used to cycle there for lessons in 1995 after I'd retired and so got 30 odd miles in on my bike (it was a glorious summer that year) and an hour or so flying my instructor's HiBoy

I saw the B29 in the museum but I don't recall the Mustang. I wish Amy all the best getting the model sorted out in her new shed. It's well worth the effort.

Geoff