Junsi CellLog 8S and LogView charting software

EvilC57

As part of the ongoing upgrade of all my computers to Windows 10 in light of the forthcoming demise of Windows 7, I've been looking into an update of the Logview Studio V1 charting software I used to use with my CellLog 8S battery monitor & logger.

It seems there is now a V2 of this, which is just called LogView. I've now installed this, and apart from the fact that bits of it are still in German even if you choose English language during installation, it strikes me that it's still in need of development as there are bits that don't seem to work properly.

Given that it's obviously been developed on a shoestring (as they ask for donations on the webstite), does anyone know of any similar, but more highly developed software which will do the job better?

The CellLog is still being sold (as of Dec 2019), so I'm surprised that the software Junsi recommend to use with it hasn't been better developed.

Edited By EvilC57 on 14/12/2019 17:57:28

Edited By EvilC57 on 14/12/2019 17:58:37

Advert

Possibly not very helpful, but this might be an alternative:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13710575&postcount=180

It was intended to be simple rather than "highly developed" and I've never tried to run it on Windows10 but it doesn't do anything particularly version specific, so should be ok. I haven't used my CellLog since telemetry became a thing.

AJH

• 3 years later...

Hi @EvilC57did you find a good answer to your original question? I have just dusted off my cellog 8S, which is a wonderful little unit for the modest price - shame they’re not sold anymore.  What I haven’t succeeded in doing is finding software which will run on my windows10 laptop which will read and display the log files. Maybe you have a good solution? 

Edit: did you try the cellog.zip program Alan linked to above?

Edited by Charles Pic

Hi Charles, as far as I remember I still have the original Logview Studio software installed on an old Windows 7 laptop that I’ve kept hold of, despite upgrading my other computers to W10/11.

After over 3 years from my original post I must admit I can’t remember whether I ever tried the cellos.zip program, and what happened if I did. I haven’t used the CellLog for a long time, although I still have it somewhere.

Edited by EvilC57

• 1 month later...

For EvilC57, Hi, I noticed in your post in March that you said you still had a copy of LogView V1.  I have been trying to get a copy of this without success so far.  
I use a Fusion Elysium pro charger for my lipos and I have a problem that means it won’t work with LogView Studio V2 as it requires a serial data configuration of 8 data bits with 0 stop bits; this is not supported in V2.  Would it be remiss of me to ask if you could let me have a copy of the V1 install software?

Regards, Keith 

Thanks for this Dickw, unfortunately although this is V1 it is LogView Studio, I think what I need is plain LogView (not Studio).  The required charger isn’t present in what you have sent.  Can anyone else help?