Question of balance

Richard Purser

Hi all, i'm back again!...i'm near completing a cambrian hurricane (electric conversion) and suffice to say it hasnt got a large alloy (engine) lump at the front and is a tad tail heavy, i suppose it needs some ballast! can anyone tell me how to fashion some sort of device to support/cradle plane whilst sussing out how much weight to add (something like a prop balancer?)...cheers all..regards rp

Hi Richard, I use two wine bottles..First, I drink the contents, then, I take the corks, and cut the tops  to make a 45 degree edge, so that  I have two soft  but sharp balance point.s. Then, I put the corks back in the bottles, and sit the model on top.

However, I don't recommend drinking the two bottles of plonk before you do this

ernie

Hello Richard,

I had one of these as a pss slope soarer.  The best way to balance it is to support it upside down at the balance point, (it will be more stable like this and not rock so much). You can either use your finger tips, or to be more accurate, place two table mats in a workmate with an appropriate gap for the fus and balance it on these.

Hope this helps.

PS no such thing as a silly question, if you don't know, ask, then you will know