Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc

Has anyone out there built/flown a Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc? If yes what power plant have you used?

Being an almost dedicated IC flyer I am actually considering what to power mine with. Should I go IC or electric??

If glow I am thinking OS95V or Laser 80. Would the 95 be overpowering. If electric an E Flight Power 46 is suggested with 4S. Has anyone tried a similar set up.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Advert

I really wouldnt be looking at anything more than a 70 if you are shopping but if you already have the 80 then it would be fine. Just make sure you get the tank low enough if you install it inverted.

Its a nice looking model though no matter what makes it go

• 1 month later...

The new model had its first flights yesterday. Engine runs well in-cowl and has proved to be easy to start. Had three flights in total and she is very nice to fly. It was a bit windy but ok. The wheels are a bit small for our grass site so will probably change them.

The aircraft is a good predictable performer and did not need trim adjustment and now I'm looking forward to more flights. Did not try the flaps on first flights. Used plans for initial control movements but may well increase aileron travel. Will re-assess that on subsequent flights when conditions are less windy.

However Jon's suggestion of a Laser 70 proved to be good advice and the engine suits the airframe. The engine installation looks very tidy. Using Laser 5% and 12X7 prop for now.

Cheers

LPP