Turnigy Chargers

Nigel Heather

Looking at chargers on a certain website. The max I would need to charge is a 6S 5000mAh at 1C which I calculate is 111W. I’d also like to charge two batteries at once. Also would like it to be mains powered.

So I need 120W at least.

The first I saw was the Turnigy Reaktor 240W (2 x 120W) which is around £100.

But what then puzzled me is that I then saw the Turnigy Accucell 6 C150 which us a single 150W charger. But it is £35.

So I could buy two Turnigy Accucell 6. C150s for a lot cheaper than a single Turnigy Reaktor 240W - plus they have a higher power output.

I can’t really see any difference, but I wondering whether there must be something better about the Reaktor.

Anyone know anything about these chargers?

Cheers,

Nigel

Advert

Posted by Nigel Heather on 04/02/2020 20:30:05:

Looking at chargers on a certain website. The max I would need to charge is a 6S 5000mAh at 1C which I calculate is 111W. I’d also like to charge two batteries at once. Also would like it to be mains powered.

So I need 120W at least.

The first I saw was the Turnigy Reaktor 240W (2 x 120W) which is around £100.

But what then puzzled me is that I then saw the Turnigy Accucell 6 C150 which us a single 150W charger. But it is £35.

So I could buy two Turnigy Accucell 6. C150s for a lot cheaper than a single Turnigy Reaktor 240W - plus they have a higher power output.

I can’t really see any difference, but I wondering whether there must be something better about the Reaktor.

Anyone know anything about these chargers?

Cheers,

Nigel

May be a moot point as both are out of stock with no ETA. Hobbyking do not seem to have had any new stock in whatsoever for months. They have laid off staff and downsized due to cashflow issues, but they don't seem to be re-stocking any items. I really hope I'm wrong, but I fear they may disappear once all their existing stock has sold.

Posted by Don Fry on 04/02/2020 21:19:44:

You buy a duel output charger, and an output fails. Or you have two chargers, and one fails . You do the maths.

Obviously, I get that, which is why I am asking whether there is any difference.

Because if they are identical in features and quality then the cheaper options is a no brainer - not only is it cheaper but as you say it has redundancy.

But I’m looking at it from the ‘if it seems too good to be true ....”

Is there something I am missing?

Cheers,

Nigel