HK 800mm Skyraider w/ ORX stabiliser - Turn stabilisation on/off Dx8i

David Wilson 25

I got the HK Skyraider for Christmas and am trying to set it up for when the weather finally breaks, but can't seem to get the stabilisation to work.

The manual "helpfully" states to use a 2 position switch (using Gear) but nothing happens in either position. Also tried using the AUX 2 channel (3 position) but still no joy.

I previously used a ORX receiver with integrated stabilisation which works ok, except I can't turn the stabilisation off... disgust

Has anyone any experience with this kind of issue that can offer any advice? I've tried setting trims, travel etc with no joy.

Advert

Start again David with AUX1, the Flap switch

Make sure on your monitor that the switch is not INH inhibited, but is ACT activated

And up, the arrow moves left On Your Monitor, And down right, On your Monitor, Like flaps would respond

Set your FLAPS, In the Flap MENU, Norm up arrow at 100%

And LAND down arrow at 100%

This switches the stab on and off

Don't use a 3 way switch

I've checked that all the necessary switches are active. I've also set so that only the gear switch is active, rebinding each time.

Everything shows full travel and correct motion on the TX screen, but nothing seems to happen with the plane?

With the other Rx, when I move the plane, I get the corresponding opposite motion with the stabiliser. Nothing happens with this one. angry

I'll grab photos and upload.