KLemm 35

Advert

foto0263 klein.jpgSo I had the idea to convent the Klemm 35 special to a Klemm 25. A second cockpit was quickly cut in the wooden hull.THe back of the fuselage was filled with balsa and sanded into shape like a klemm 25. Also two cockpit glass were made very simple.Then I designed a new undercarriage.The U.C. of the Klemm 35 was a simple construction and very susceptible to failure. I built the new U.C. according to the construction of the Klemm 25. Afterwords the model was re-covered and painted in the colours of a swiss machine.

Summery: It is not always necessary to buy a new model.foto0263 klein.jpg

Bern, congratulatios on the conversion!

I have been always a fan of trainer aircraft, being my favorite monoplane one the Bucker Bestmann but the Klemm 35 -.rather than the 25- is not far behind.

By the way, I think your conversion actually is from a Klemm 35 Spezial to a Klemm 35D. The Klemm 25 is a quite simpler and older airframe. Please, check designations and correct me if I am wrong!

Best Regards.

Thanks to you, Berd, for your consideration!

For the Klemm 35 I know of the old Krick classic kit but just like their Bestmann one it is no longer available and very, vry expensive if you are lucky to find any of them.

By the way, the Krick Klemm 25 kit is still available and from time to time even a Ready to Cover version may be purchased.

Now for the flying session and photos!

Very Nice Bernd, lovely model model and nice to see that it has been given a new lease of life. I had the old Krick Klemm 35 for many years before it was lost. I managed to get a kit a few years ago and also the Bestman. The Krick kits are very nice but are lots of work.

My one was in the Swedish markings with Orange and Olive Drab

Chris, glad to see I am not the only one who like those "obscure" trainer planes aside of most popular Tiger Moths, Stearmans and Stampes!

I got the plans and cockpit for the Bestmann direct from Krick several years ago, although finally I went for the Modellstudio giant ready to cover one I hope to tackle some time soon.

I will check your photos, Chris, for if I may have a look at both your Klemm and Bestmann models.

Hi Jesus, hi Chris,

Iam glad about your interest in the Klemm 35.Yes, it is true Krick does not preduce the kit anymore.So also not the Bücker Bestman. But you can get the plan, cowl and canopy by VTH-Verlag in Germany for the Klemm 35.

And plan and cowl for the [email protected] for both.

Krick preduces the kit of the Klemm 25 again with laser cut parts and with electric power. Price 199Euro