Radio

Paul Law

Advert

Went with the XJT module and X8r receivers to keep my 9X alive for now for my planes.

To keep the Dx7s alive I was looking for some options regarding receivers, thus the original question, however the Ar620 would appear to have some issues with carbon fibre frames on Helis and may be a little big for my Trex 450 so looking at something with SATs and perhaps less bulky.

Posted by john stones 1 on 24/05/2020 13:28:50:

Well, what have you ended up with, or getting Paul ?

Posted by Steve J on 24/05/2020 14:35:27:

Thanks, that's the exact one I have been looking at.

Posted by Paul Law on 24/05/2020 13:56:36:

To keep the Dx7s alive I was looking for some options regarding receivers, thus the original question, however the Ar620 would appear to have some issues with carbon fibre frames on Helis and may be a little big for my Trex 450 so looking at something with SATs and perhaps less bulky.

Have a look at the AT6610T. No remote, but it does have two wiskers.

Posted by Paul Law on 24/05/2020 13:19:13:

I think so, wealth of info out there, just a matter at the end of the day of deciding what best suits your needs. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, happy for what its worth that the post created a conversation 🤐

At the end of the day everybody's input on the forums is required to keep the hobby alive and dare i say it topical.

Thanks all, you can be sure I will have more questions to test all your knowledge 👍 l

Yes, there is. My personal choice of radio since the mid 1990s has been Multiplex. NOT that I expect everyone to agree it is the best possible choice. Also bear in mind these things are all 'consumer level' equipment', not military or medical, so the occasional failure is to be expected even though the failure of a model plane radio often has more expensive consequences than the failure of a TV.

Personally I fly at a site will a large number of flyers though only a few are there at any one time. Since 2.4Ghz came out I have only heard of one failure that could definitely be put down to the radio. Stick with a 'well known' make of radio and it will be as reliable as any other. One make that isn't would not be 'well known' for long if it wasn't reliable.

As for forums if we all aqreed with each other there would be little point having the forum at all. And if the OP has asked a direct question as you did, once it has been answered, more often than not with some disagreements, the thread often carries on even though the OP has got his answer.