Complete a pack swordfish

Hi Dougie,

The original C.A.P. kits came without instructions, they came out at a time when rtf was buying something someone else had built from a kit. Most modellers were builders at that time and were used to working from plans. I have built some CAP models from plans and 2 from kits. I found that they tended to be very heavy if built as plan so I reduced the thickness of the ply and balsa where possible. I know this is not a lot of use to you but unless the later producers of these kits (I believe Flair made them for a while) included instructions you are on your own.

Eric r.

Hi I've been building the Cap Gladiator for the past 6 months and the only instructions are notes on the plan. You will need to work out a building plan yourself from the plan notes.

Also I've found the laser cut parts do not match the plan and will need tinkering to fit. I've tried to dry fit before gluing and working out a process to follow. Definitely not an easy build!

I bought the kit and all the accessories for £30, when I checked on Sarik it would cost £280 so can't complain, its just taking ages to complete. Made a lot of progress these past few weeks.

Posted by Russ P on 28/03/2020 11:24:37:

Also I've found the laser cut parts do not match the plan and will need tinkering to fit.

If you have an original CAP kit, they were decades before laser cutting! Probably band-sawn.

I still have a CAP Tiger Moth kit that I picked up from Earlston in 1976.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...