Aeroscale PiperCub

Bill Rogers

Just inherited this kit new and boxed as supplied. Wing span is 64 inches. My first attempt at building a model. Engine size is '25' two stroke to '40' four stroke so will definitely need some engine advice in the future. I think this may well be an obsolete model. The parts are supplied cut to size.

Advert

i built one some years ago, L4 finished, flew beautifully with a Saito 40 special, but like all Cubs you had to incorporate rudder for a nice turn. i remember it being a straightforward build as per the plan but i was always concerned the wing locating dowels were a little to close to the sides of the fuselage and if building one again i would re-inforce this area somehow, for peace of mind. it never failed as it was. Enjoy the build and i would recommend a suitable 40 or 45 OS or Saito 4st engine in it.

Thank you for replies and advice on engines and reinforcement area which is noted and appreciated.

Doing some research, the full size wing span was 423 inches. The model is 64 inches, which I think is a ratio of 1 to 6.6 inches, ie just under one seventh of full size?

Posted by Cub L4 on 28/04/2020 09:43:01:

Just out of interest, are models of this scale common in model planes.?

Thanks

Very popular , Although most Cub model kits I remember are more the 70" mark .. A cub will always fly well whatever the scale ..

Good luck

Edited By Cub L4 on 28/04/2020 09:45:42