Converting Fleet Analogue Servos to Futaba

Skippers Walker

I "converted" servos from Acoms and Sanwa to Futaba by simply buying Futaba servo leads and soldering them to the existing wires close to the servo and leaving the original wires in place. That way they could be used with the original receivers as well. Some old Sanwa servos which had reversed polarity simply had the power leads carefully removed from the plugs and swapped over to make them suitable for Futaba - at that time I had acquired the Sanwa servos but had no matching Rx or Tx. It worked for me and those servos are still in use.

Malcolm

I have a Wildthing that was originally flown using my Fleet PCM set, has since flown on Multiplex 35mhz and 2.4, by fitting new servo plugs. Servos are buried in the wing so I don't even know what fleet servos they were but they work fine.

They will work fine on your Futaba gear, maybe not as quick or powerful as modern equivalents, but I used to fly 60 sized biplanes with one servo driving all 4 ailerons! Just remember to get the polarity right when you change the plugs.

Fleet never made their own servos after the very early days, they were all just re-badged from other manufacturers, mainly Futaba and from about 1995 all Hitec. If they are 'silly' old with square output shafts then bin them. Anything with a splined output shaft is Futaba or Hitec and will be fine. I've still got some 25 year old Fleet badged servos in models on 2.4g and 6v. No problems.

I also have a number of Fleet FPS 17's and 28's still in use all converted to Futaba. No problems

I have had a few servos go dodgy [ twitching or not centring ] and have binned them bur do not recall any being Fleet ones.

Edited By J D 8 on 28/04/2020 09:07:55